1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Hollerbachs Willow Tree Cafe Sanford Fl.

Discussion in 'Other' started by bogman102, Oct 15, 2017.

1. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer
    Thread Started By

I have wanted to try this German style restaurant for some time! Yesterday I got my chance with the Sanford Octoberfest day. I enjoyed myself with great food an "oompah" band and many dressed in lederhausen (leather britches) for the guys and dirndl (dress with apron and white puffed sleeve blouse) for the women.
    the food tents had many different types of sausage or wurst but we all ate at Hollerbachs Willow Tree Cafe.
    I had the weinerschnitzel with potato pancakes and German mashed potatoes with rahm gravy. A bit pricey but very good! I haven't had real potato pancakes since my mother died; she was from Austria.
    For beer there were a number of Octoberfest beers but I saw they had Hacker-Pschoor and stayed with that.
    All in all I had a good time and will be back!

2. JDP

JDP Pirate

Have found food there ok. Not the best in the authentic category. Beer great. Atmosphere great. Popped my head in the kitchen once and saw non Germans cooking. Still a good place to be entertained. Try the European Cafe and Schnitzel House on A1A in Ormond Beach some time. Small place but cooked to order food and very authentic and good.

3. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer
    Thread Started By

Tanks for the suggestion; I'll try them out.
    I also want to try Dunderdalks in Daytona at the mall.