1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Ponce Inlet 9/21/16 To Site #5

Discussion in 'Near-shore Fishing Reports (R)' started by Yellowtail, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Yellowtail

Yellowtail Powder Monkey
    Fishing Report By

Got to ramp at dead low tide. Searched a bit for live mullet. No luck. Went to Jetty north tip. Set up in two areas I've seen produce. No hits. After an hour moved in about 40 yards. Two boats were having a field day with double hook-up Red Drum. All other boats no action. Finally I got 1 hook up 22 inch Red Drum....so I was satisfied. Caught RD on frozen sardine.
    I headed off shore to get live bait at site #5. Hung around there for a while. Caught two nice Red Snapper 18 and 22 inches. And One nasty Barracuda that tangled my lines. Decided to call it a day. I saw a cobia follow up the barracuda and then some of my bait fish however he wouldn't hit ANYTHING (live or fake) I offered. That was at site #5. Caught RS on frozen mullet/ sardine. 0921161518a.jpg e1c7081e204d526a7a5366510238cae1.jpg

2. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

Awesome catch!

3. j204burkett

j204burkett Pirate

Nice Red!

4. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Sailing Master

Great report and pics! Nice red!

5. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Nice Red Drum