1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Ponce 6/25

Discussion in 'Near-shore Fishing Reports (R)' started by William OBrien, Jun 26, 2016.

1. William OBrien

William OBrien Cabin Boy
    Fishing Report By

Took a buddy and our kids out Saturday, ran out to the 5 mile reef around 9. Counted 10 other boats there anchored up. Kids used Sabakki rigs for a bit and that is just plain fun. Everyone got a load of baitfish on them. Nothing on shrimp, and nothing on baitfish., Dead area this day but I did notice a party boat about a mile north east trolling for a while. the waves were just a bit much so we headed in to the jetty. About 1030 the ocean started to really flatten out. We anchored up at the jetty about mid way in on the north side. Nothing on shrimp, not a bite, used sardine heads and tails and the action heated up. instant bites as soon as it hit the bottom but small fish. Still fun for the kids. Small grouper, and drum. The tide went high at 11 and the place was like a lake. Daughter pulled in the ugliest fish I have ever seen! The law was out there checking every boat but waved at the kids and passed us by, nice!! ( the kids only took off the life jackets for the picture BTW,) After loosing 4 rigs to the rocks (fish were taking them right in every time) we headed in to Inlet harbor for lunch. The kids wanted to swim for a bit so we pulled up to the island across from the restaurant.
    I threw out now dead shrimp, one on a drift and one with a 1 oz sinker. Both got nailed instantly and over and over again. Yellow tailed snapper, whiting and a great nurse shark made the kids day. then the place went dead and we went to lunch about 130.
    Great day on the water. Today is rain so we stayed home even though they want to go again.

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

robthetimekeeper likes this.
  2. Dadfish

Dadfish Treasure Hunter

Sounds like the perfect day.. Thanks for the report..And that IS one ugly fish...

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Sounds like a lot of fun, the yellow tail was probably a land snapper and the ugly fish was a toadfish / oyster cracker

GoodJob1.jpg

4. William OBrien

William OBrien Cabin Boy
    Fishing Report By

Here it is, can ya see it? I think its a yellow but Im new to the offshore fish types. We caught 4 of them when there was no current at all in the river.

IMG_3359.JPG

5. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

That is a Jack

6. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

Nice report! Love seeing the kids fishing!

7. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, great photos too!

8. Reel Addict

Reel Addict Treasure Hunter

Good report and great pictures. Fun day on the water for the kids.

9. nat55611

nat55611 Cabin Boy

Great days to remember

10. jurdun756

jurdun756 Deckhand

Great report

11. great detail, looking forward to the weekend, I think. Have to dodge all the boatniks.

12. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

Great thing about kids fishing, as long as they r catching anything they r happy.. thanks for the report..