1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Boat Covers

Discussion in 'Boat Supply, Boat Parts, Boat Information etc…' started by Srfrdave, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer
    Thread Started By

I'm looking g for a cover for my boat.
    Does a tone know what a good cover should cost? And I was given a name in Orlando, does anyone have a person who does this stuff?

Thanks
    Dave

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

It’s been many years since I had purchased mine, and I don’t know if you need a custom fit or not. I got one for my old Ranger bass boat when it was new from Overton’s online and was real happy with it. Fit really well and the canvas was very heavy duty. It lasted for probably 15 years out in the elements. Only reason it finally started rotting was my fault as I took it off and had it laying in the corner of my dock where it stayed wet and couldn’t dry. I was having an otter problem... Unfortunately I don’t know what brand it was.

Srfrdave likes this.
  3. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer
    Thread Started By

Thank You Mak, I appreciate the input

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I used many over the years.
    the thing about those custom ones are that they weigh a lot dry, and once they get wet even more... so it is difficult to get them over the top of the cabin, T-Top electronics etc.

so I go with the cheep-o gray tarps, they only last a year, but they are very easy to put on and off, and they stay dry.

you will also need a post to keep the top from collecting water. I used PVC pipe.
    see my DIY
    https://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/threads/how-to-fix-boat-cover-problems.12294/

CMarshburn and shrimpmansteve like this.
  5. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Custom covers varies on what you want. Just cover the inside and gunwales or down to the waterline. Over the motor or not. I just had one made for my boat.