1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Using Green Led Shrimping Lights

Discussion in 'Shrimping Chatter = Anything To Do With Shrimping' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 24, 2015.

1. I don't know squat about shrimping so I find all of the info presented interesting and very informative.

2. John Reid

John Reid Powder Monkey

Good information for us new to the shrimp game. I'm getting the materials together so it is great to have info on how to most effectively use them. I like the anchor rope idea. Thanks for sharing you knowledge

3. Dale McGuire

Dale McGuire Pirate

Excellent info for everyone

4. Bjohnson

Bjohnson Newbie

Has anyone used the green and white Gator Lights? I always hear everyone talking about the green but no others...

5. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

yes the Green and Wright combo lights work great.

However I like using Both single GREEN and single WHITE lights which work great and complement each other.

I use the white lights both at the further most Left and right sides of the boat, whether port or starboard, or bow and stern, depending how you anchor up.

and I deploy all the green lights in-between the white lights. This will help heard the shrimp into your kill zone.

6. Bjohnson

Bjohnson Newbie

So the kill zone is over the green usually?

7. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

No the kill zone is toward the center of the boat where you will be dipping

8. Bjohnson

Bjohnson Newbie

I see. I'm still trying to figure out the light/dip method. All I have done is baiting and cast net shrimping. I should go to the boot camp...

9. Aquaman183

Aquaman183 Pirate

When I use my green lights for shrimping I just see smaller speckled sea trout, ever see slot sized ones?

10. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Yup and landed them, I use a hook, swivel no sinker and free line a live shrimp around the light

11. Reiash622

Reiash622 Greenhorn

We have always used lanterns when shrimping off the bridge and bright led lights off the boat. We have seen several people use the green ones. Anyone have pros cons between the white and green? Is one better than the other durring diffrent water conditions?

12. riverhoggz

riverhoggz Newbie

I've seen some home made led lights in a few bait shops they are selling. Expensive for one 10 inch 5 star led apparatus made out of pvc. 179$. white in a star pattern. Any good?

13. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

http://www.gatortough.com/

14. CUTR

CUTR Newbie

Havent tried the light thing yet. Usually just castnet them. Seems to be good science.

15. Nick Pulaski

Nick Pulaski Newbie

Finally just got some lights really looking forward to using them having trouble finding lights that float though

16. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

http://www.gatortough.com/

17. Jeepster

Jeepster Swabbie

Great info. Time to herd some "three biters".

18. Nick Pulaski

Nick Pulaski Newbie

Yes really want these lights hopefully tax time I can buy 2 but in till then I have to figure something out

19. Snukes

Snukes Newbie

Particularly liked the anchoring info.thanks..

20. Rmatos

Rmatos Newbie

Extremely helpful post. Thanks