1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Forum Features & Instructions How To Post A Fishing Report

Discussion in 'Forum Features, Functionality and Instructions' started by Nautical Gator, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Forum Features

How To Post A Fishing Report

Select Forum Tab
    Give A Description
    Add The Date Of Your Catch

Tell Us About Your Adventure.

Dates are important to include in all reports, they help members get an understanding of what months the fish or shrimp are running and in what waterways around the state.

Our reports forum if designed so members post what area the fish are running and being caught in, then it's up-to the angler to use the knowledge they learned on our forum to zero in on them. By posting towns, county, waterway, and ramps, are always a good idea, and this will not in no way give away your fishing spot, It will actually have the opposite effect plus, it will only let active members know general locations that the fish are running.

NOTE: By posting general locations, only active members that know the waterways will know the water column and how to fish it. And even they will not know your specific spot.

Non members will not have access to our reports. Most of the boater traffic you see on the waters, are weekend warriors trying to figure out how to fish the area.

For example, If I posted that I launched at the North Causeway Ramps, Swoop Ramps, or any other location Ramps, no one would know in which direction I went, or at which marker, landmark, or any other geographical location you actually fished, unless they were side by side with me on that day. Get the point! Thumbsup1:::1

Half the battle is knowing what is running and in what waterway. The rest is easy.

(Read More!)

http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/threads/posting-fishing-reports-and-general-areas.8598/

How to post a good fishing report:

Posting Reports.jpg

The best reports use good journalism techniques.
    try to tell members - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.
    • Take photos of your catch
    • Date you fished
    • Size of fish
    • Boat Ramp you Launched out of
    • Who went fishing? (alone or not)
    • What did you catch? (species and sizes)
    • When did you go? (time and date)
    • Where did you go? (general area)
    • Why did you go? (not as necessary)
    • How did you do it? (which bait/method did you use)
    • Pictures always make a report better and humor or a good plot doesn't hurt either!
    • Weather conditions
    • Water conditions

How To Attach Images / Photos to your posts

http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/threads/how-to-attach-images-photos.2705/

Take Photos of your catch like these:
    upload_2016-8-30_6-29-51.png upload_2016-8-30_6-30-24.png upload_2016-8-30_6-30-43.png

Or like this:
    upload_2016-8-30_6-35-53.png

Or like this:
    upload_2016-8-30_6-37-20.png

Also see How to measure Fish:

http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/howto_measurefish.html

Morpheus likes this.
  2. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

And be sure to take a photo! It's easy to post them!

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Forum Features

4. Nautical Gator

Forum Features

Updated How To Post A Fishing Report above

5. John Reid

John Reid Powder Monkey

Will do didn't realize the date needed to go in the caption I was putting it in the text below. Will do pictures next time. Forgot my camera last time out

6. Nautical Gator

Forum Features

You can do both

upload_2017-2-26_10-23-16.png

7. livebadboy

livebadboy Greenhorn

Sounds pretty simple

8. niteowl

niteowl Newbie

can i use your avatar? you look just like me!