1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Member Participation

Discussion in 'Forum Instructions and Rules... Please Read' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Member Participation

In order to make ShrimpNFishFlorida™ a strong Club we give members 30 days to show that they will become an active participating club member…

For those members who have not been Active participating Members they have been getting weeded out and access denied.

To all current Club Members, we are not just an online forum, we are a Club… One of the benefits of belonging to our Club is that you get to interact with other members by sharing information and knowledge…

As a Club member you get to meet, fish or shrimp with members, find new "Fish-N-Buddies™" and make new friends...

You can participate by posting reports of your fishing and shrimping adventures… good or bad, it’s not all about showing off your catch or only posting full pulls, but also sharing your non good fishing and shrimping days, so members know what’s going on in the area… or not going on in the area…

Also, if you are working on a project, please share you project with other member, take photos and post, so everyone could learn and see the different ways things are done… and how members are fixing up their boats…

Also be proud, post your boat on our clubs show off them boats topic…
    http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/forums/show-off-your-boats.63/

Think of things you can post to make for some good conversations…

Be creative, post information you read and find, along with your own knowledge… We have a forum for all related topics.

Also if you do not have any reports to post, it would be good sportsmanship to show you support to other members who are going out and reporting their adventures… so show your support by congratulating them…

And please keep you membership active by not letting your posts get below 30 day old… a new script deactivates members accounts beyond the 30 day period..

Oh and don’t forget, there is a donation button on the forum to help with the bills… A dedicated member is one that helps out… so if you have an extra dollar or two, it would help me out with paying the bills…

I have contributed 1,000s so far since I started our Club and Forum, with monthly Web Servers Space fees, monthly fees, Software, and Scripts etc... Not to mention the thousands of man hours I spent working behind the scenes on developing our clubs website and forum... by your helping out a little it goes a long way in saying thanks...

Contribute and help out here;

You can make a difference and Help Support Our Club
    Read more on how you can help your Club Here

To contribute click here...

Thanks

Posted by:

Sam "aka" Nautical Gator

Forum Captain,
    Officer in command,
    Site Creator, Club Member,
    Peacekeeper, Admin and Site Moderator…

It's a tough job, but someones got to do it!

2. Double G

Double G Greenhorn

Just want to say thanks! I just joined but this is a very nice website/club. I can't imagine the time it takes to keep it going, I live 120 miles from salt water but absolutely love being in it. The fishing reports will be helpful. We fish pretty regular so I hope I can also contribute to the club with reports. Thanks again.

3. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Thanks we do have a fresh water fishing section

4. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Thanks Sam for all you do! Working and rather be fishing this club breaks up my day reading about Bobs bridge adventures and others reports and interesting facts/history. I have learned a wealth of fishing and shrimping knowledge and best of all I have met and went fishing with some great new friends. Like I mention before even my wife is happy I joined the fishing club.
    Les

5. Michael Walker

Michael Walker Master Gunner

Sam, what is the break out for being rated in regards to postings and such? Right now I'm rated as a deckhand, just wondering how many postings till the next bump up in rank?? HaHa.

6. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

1. Newbie 0
    2. Greenhorn 10
    3. Junior Member 20
    4. Pirate in the making 30
    5. Pirate 50
    6. Blackbeard 100
    7. Treasure Hunter 200
    8. Cabin Boy 300
    9. Powder Monkey 400
    10. Master Gunner 500
    11. Deckhand 600
    12. Boatswain 700
    13. Able Bodied Sailor 800
    14. Rigger 900
    15. Carpenter 1000
    16. Matey 1100
    17. Mate 1200
    18. Buccaneer 1300
    19. Swabbie 1400
    20. Seadog 1500
    21. Scallywag 1600
    22. Swashbuckler 1700
    23. Seaworthy 1800
    24. First Mate 1900
    25. Sailing Master 2000
    26. Senior Forum Member 2500
    27. Seaman Recruit 3000
    28. Seaman apprentice 3500
    29. Seaman 4000
    30. Petty Officer 4500
    31. Chief Petty Officer 5000
    32. Chief Warrant Officer 6000
    33. Lieutenant 7000
    34. Lieutenant Commander 8000
    35. Commander 9000
    36. Ship's Captain 10000
    37. Quarter Master 12000
    38. Captain 14000
    39. Admiral 16000
    40. Chief of Naval Operations 18000
    41. Fleet Admiral 20000
    42. Forum Captain - ( Reserved for forum Admin )
      Forum Captain, Officer in command, Site Creator, Club Member, Peacekeeper, Admin and Site Moderator…
    See Full Detailed Descriptions Below link.
    http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/threads/members-ranking.6222/#post-73963

7. Michael Walker

Michael Walker Master Gunner

Thanks Sam

Jenny@LivewireBait likes this.
  8. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

Top Class Fishing Forum! It's real easy. It takes everyone's input to make this a top site. It takes posts, comments and personal involvement. Instead of begging for monies, we beg for only one thing and that's "Member Participation". If you're not careful you might make a new best friend or a fishing/shrimping partners that shares your passion. But this site will only succeed if all members participate in "any" manner you can. No matter what level of experience you have, we would love to hear from you. No matter if you get skunked, we would like to hear about your experience. When you catch an unbelievable catch, we want to hear about it. The more you give, the more you will receive. I have and I consider myself blessed. Thanks to Sam and other key members that pour their heart and soul into this forum.

9. Cbird

Cbird Rigger

I agree this site rocks, what I like most is the caliber of the members, everyone is respectful and friendly. Let`s all do our part to keep it that way.

10. Double G

Double G Greenhorn

Yes, agreed, very good forum. I stay so busy I can't check it as often as I would like but I'm trying to get my priorities back in order,
    Fishing is supposed to be on top for me!

Michael Walker likes this.
  11. seaweed386

seaweed386 Greenhorn

I'm so glad I found this club considering im new to the cfl area. I'm gonna try and get out this weekend after my daughter's softball games. Tight lines.

12. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

SAM,
    Just got my computer back from the shop, and can't get to most of the posts, in the forums I go to most.. says I haven't posted enough...can you help?

13. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

14. Breeana

Breeana Pirate

Thanks wondering why I couldn't see anything! I'll def participate more and not just read!

15. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

16. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

there are a lot of forums that you can gain access to too participate, just keep your posts greater then five per month, Small price to pay for a free forum.

17. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

So, let me get this right..Even though I donated money to this site last month (unsolicited); I'm not going to be able to view the forums that I was most interested in after my computer was in the shop for over a week. I suggest you have a warning system in place that would let members know if they are about to lose viewing privelages.

twin1954 likes this.
  18. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Actually we do, when members sign up we ask they read the forum rules, we have forum security in place that protects our members reports. This has been in place for the past four years.

Question: Why should any person be able to sign up and only post once or twice and have full access to everyone's reports forever without being an active participating member? All active members that are posting reports like the security that we have in place. We have not found any other means of protecting members reports. If you know of any, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/forums/forum-rules-please-read.22/

4) NOTE: New Members When we give you the "privilege of membership", it then becomes up to you to keep your membership "active" by becoming an active member by Participating in our Clubs Forums posts and discussions by posting in our clubs forums….

We are a exclusive group if anglers, we are the few, the proud, the elite called the “A-Team”, a network of anglers… Membership is a privilege, although we give everyone the same opportunity to join. Than it is up to you to become an active participating group member…

We give mew members 30 day to show us that you are going to become an active participating member by posting, congratulations, reports and interacting with other members.

forum-security1-jpg.23094.jpg

If you are a New Member that signed up with 1 post, then "DO NOT" participate in the forums by interacting with members in the discussions within 30 days, the system is now set to disable your account if inactive for 30 day with no posts... (See Post Requirements )
    • In order to keep your membership current you must have at least 5 posts per month to be considered an active participating member...
    • We do not need lots of new members...
    • What we need are "Actively Participating Members"... We are a "Close Knit Group" of experienced Anglers, here to help others and have fun... by sharing our knowledge and experience...
    • Note: It would not be fair for the members that are posting fishing and shrimping reports and actively participating in our forums discussions, if any person could join with only one post and benefit from other members reports and discussions without being an active participating member. Alter-all this is a FREE Forum, we give everyone the same privilege of joining and belonging to a great group and being part of our A-Team Network of Anglers™ and all we ask is that you participate in our forums discussions.

19. keep it reel

keep it reel Lieutenant Commander

The forum is free to all who join and participate. I donate money to the club, attend and volunteer at the functions, and if my posts go below "5" per month I get the same reply and loose privileges until I get my 5 posts.
    No one is getting picked on or singled out. 5 posts per month isn't asking a whole lot when you're already reading the forums.
    This is a member driven forum. Active participation is required from the 1st day.
    We all agreed to the rules when we signed up.
    So the next time your reading one of Bob's inshore boat less flat bridge fishing reports, tell him "nice catch". See, it' pretty easy to do.
    Just by replying to this thread your already bring your count up. Keep up the good work.
    Ken...

White Feather likes this.
  20. Earlybird

Earlybird Cabin Boy

Here's the thing..I posted probably 15 or 20 times last month...But there are 70 individual forums on the site. It is not allowing me to see specific forum topics because I didn't post 5 times in each one of them..
    Your'e talking about posting over 350 times month, if you read all the topics...I can still see topics I've posted in, but your'e saying I can't access any other topic?

White Feather likes this.