1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Is It Friday Yet?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Rich M, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

Sad Crying Smiley Face1::1

C'mon already. :knocking my head:

mkyota1 likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

If I’m remembering correctly, you had a Captain with no integrity cancel on you. Did you get squared away on a new charter? One day or more?

3. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

No new charter - the "other guys" drug their feet on booking while the boat was available. I was able to book a spot on the Ocean Obsession - party boat out of Canaveral.

Got the day off. Rods are rigged (the heavier rod is rigged for red snapper, lighter rod is chicken rigged). Just nice to focus on fishing, even if it is a crowded trip. A red snapper will taste good on the grill or in the oven.

The trick is gonna be finding parking - I was gonna stop and throw a net for some live bait. Think I'm gonna go early and get a parking spot and then do the sabiki thing with pieces of gulp on it. Would like 4-6 pinfish for the trip. Keep 1/2 alive and cut the other half for bait plugs.

4. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Good luck Rich, Just go early find a spot as close to the corner as you can and elbows in.

5. mak

Four of us did a charter out of Destin last June during a family reunion. I was glad the Red Snapper regulations over in the Gulf aren’t as crazy as over here. I think I liked the Vermillion Snapper more than the Reds.
    Hope you have good luck and get a big one.

6. mak

The Sea Spirit had “Red Tickets” that I didn’t know anything about when booking and haven’t checked yet to see how you get them or how much more they are. Maybe they were for the regular customers. Anyway, they were allowed to board first and of course all grabbed the spots along stern and corners.

7. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

The transom and corner spots are the best cause you have open water down current and can fish back behind the boat.
    The bow usually provides decent fishing as well - less folks up-current of you.
    Midboat is a crap shoot, all depends on the caliber of folks fishing around you and the size of the fish being caught. A decent fish WILL tie up a dozen anglers but is great cause someone got a decent fish.

I'm gonna try for a corner spot - we'll see.

Mak - some boats charge more for transom spots and allow them to be reserved. Other boats might have "frequent fisher" programs or for the folks who reserve their trips way in advance.

mak likes this.
  8. Hope all goes well and you put some fish on the grill.

9. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

It has been a few years since I went out with them but back then the first 8 or so people at the office to pay in the morning recieved the tickets. That allowed them to sit back in their car or whatever and not have to wait by the boat. The biting bugs can be ruthless in the mornings there.

10. mak

That makes sense. I had purchased us online.
    And yes, the gnats did about eat us alive.

11. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

4th spot from back. First non reserved spot. Boat is 100% full.

Folks are in a good mood. Wonder why.

Rain finally stopped.

Bossman, mkyota1 and Nautical Gator like this.
  12. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Good luck on the Snappers

13. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

Thanks, Sam.

Half the guys are fishing off the boat at dock, catching mangroves and catfish. LOL

Should be leaving shortly.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  14. mak

That’s funny. Good luck to you. Get a big one.

15. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master
    Fishing Chatter

We're out the inlet and headed south along the beach about 1/2 mile out.

Waiting on that egg sandwich and hash browns.

Should be an interesting day. Friendly bunch.

One thing I did see is some guys have predrilled buckets or net bait holders for the community live well to keep folks out of their live bait. Good thinking there.

16. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

17. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

Go catcher them...good luck to all

18. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

How far out do the party boats get these days? Been years since I been on one.

19. mak

The Sea Spirit I was on a few weeks ago was about 17 miles offshore for the half day trip. I have no idea what the typical distance is for the local party boats.

20. BothShores

BothShores Pirate

its friday.... ARS day 5. Good luck everyone!!!! blessings....