1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by jwray, Apr 14, 2019.

1. jwray

jwray Newbie
    Member Introduction

Been a member of Jax kayak fishing and Florida sportsman since 2004. I was looking for a good forum as the Jax kayak seems to have all but died. Seems everyone went to Facebook or something. Love this forum. I live in Jacksonville and split time between my skiff and kayak. I’m a lure only angler and hope to learn from you guys as after 25 years of fishing , I still suck.

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. I found the Jax Kayak fishing forum last year when I bought my first yak, but soon found like you that it is basically dead. This forum seems to get more traffic than any other Florida fishing forums that I’ve found and it certainly has the best detailed information. Quite a few very knowledgeable and helpful members here, but I still don’t understand why it doesn’t have more members and traffic. Other hunting and fishing forums that I was used to in GA had far more daily participation. I’ve never been a Facebook poster but recently have started exploring the groups there to see if that’s where all the traffic had moved to. While I’ve found some local fishing and kayak fishing groups, I’ve found those have very little participation also.
    I keep directing everyone I run in to toward ShrimpnFishFlorida hoping to help it grow. I know Sam the forum owner is very serious about having a site that is more of a club or community that is serious about shrimping and fishing and passing on knowledge, helping each other out, and making new fishing buddies. Maybe you have some online friends you can push this way for a new home. There is a great kayak section.

3. Welcome to the forum.

4. reellivin25

reellivin25 Blackbeard

Welcome to the forum, good luck out there

5. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum jwray, sorry for the late welcome I've had a lot going on lately. You'll love this forum because there is always something to learn and someone always willing to teach.
    PirateArt97::
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•` WELCOME ABOARD MATTIE>«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º>

Welcome aboard, get ready for a great experience on our Clubs Forum. Where not just an online Forum, where a club with great knowledge and only to pleased to share it with you.

Glad you joined our Club and Forum. Hope you make it your home. We look forward to all your posts, comments, reports and feedback and more…

We are a exclusive group if anglers, we are the few, the proud, the elite. called the “A-Team” - a network of anglers™… Membership is a privilege, although we give everyone the same opportunity to join. Than it is up to you to become an active participating group member…

Note: Membership is a Privilege not a right, We granted you Permission To Come Aboard! Just make sure you participate in our forums discussions, so we don't have you walking the plank! ;)

Feel free to ask any of us questions you may have. Hopefully we all can answer them by sharing our knowledge and experiences plus learn from each other...

At ShrimpNFishFlorida™ We're all part of the same TEAM, where all anglers that either Shrimp or Fish. We enjoy coming back and telling everyone about our Fishing or Shrimping adventure, by posting pics of our catches, along with the story of our angling adventure. By being part of our “Anglers-Team” “network of anglers™, you'll gain knowledge of what is running, all year round…

Our forum is like having A FREE Online Fishing AND Shrimping Magazine delivered to your door with live daily Fishing and Shrimping Reports!

(Now that you made your first post to introduce yourself I will give you full access)

There are a few things you should do right away, like edit your profile to include an avatar or photo.

Hope you make some new friends and fishing buddies…

Here you will find some great knowledge, and receive knowledge when asked!
    There is a lot to discover here, so it will take you a little exploring to find everything…

Like a pirate it may take you days to discover it all.. But worth it as there is a wealth of valuable information aboard our Clubs Ship...

Your first step to becoming an active participating Club Member should be to "go directly to the Fishing or Shrimping Reports sections" and make some posts "congratulating" those who have posted Fishing or Shrimping Reports. Than when you start catching and posting your reports, your fellow club members will also be congratulating you.

PLEASE NOTE: That Membership is a privilege, we give all new members 30 Days to show us that you are serious and going to be a good "Participating Member", if we do not see you posting, your membership will be deactivated, and you will not be able to continue to read reports.

There are a few things you should do right away:
    1. Edit your profile to include an avatar or photo.
    2. Membership is a Privileged not a right, Please Read minimum post requirements
    3. Don't forget to read the forum rules
    4. Learn how you can Become An Active Club Member
    5. Learn about our forum features along with Instructions of some cool stuff that you should check out.
    6. Show off your boat here:
    7. Please sign our Clubs Guest Book.
    Other stuff you should check out:
    Last but not least, learn About Shrimpnfishflorida™ And Our Anglers Forum

Thanks for becoming part of our ShrimpNFishFlorida™ Network of Anglers™ >«(((º> >«(((º> >«(((º>

We wish you all the best.
    Tight lines and Full pulls to you.

Chat with ya soon.

Posted by:

Tony "aka" Bossman

Moderator on Deck

It's a tough job, but someones got to do it!

6. GatorLvr59

GatorLvr59 Newbie

Welcome to the forem! I'm sure in 25yrs you got a few chops...

7. Tony Hicks

Tony Hicks Pirate

Welcome to the forum!

GatorLvr59 likes this.
  8. lobey

lobey Blackbeard

I just got a hybrid paddle board/kayak i should be able to fish from....i am sure you could teach me something

9. Baccarac

Baccarac Blackbeard

welcome to the forum this is quite a unique site you get a lot of good information here

10. Dave rivera

Dave rivera Deckhand

Welcome aboard lots of good info. Here.