1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Changing Lower Motor Mounts (shock Absorbers)

Discussion in 'Boat Mechanics, Technical Help, etc' started by Keith, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Keith

Keith Pirate
    Thread Started By

As you can tell from my picture the nuts on the lower motor mounts (shock absorbers) have become non-existent due to corrosion. My question is am I able to flip the new Bolt so the bolt head is exposed and the nut is encased behind the cover.

20181229_150928.jpg

2. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Cabin Boy

Yes you can I did on my mercury 75.

3. Keith

Keith Pirate
    Thread Started By

Thank you. I didn't really think it would change anything structure wise.

4. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Cabin Boy

I dunno what motor you have but hopefully you. Never have to change that motor mount I had to remove power head to change mine it was a big job!

5. Keith

Keith Pirate
    Thread Started By

I got a 97 Mercury and now I'm debating on pulling the power head. I was hoping just to cut the bolts out and Slide the new ones in, but it doesn't look like that's going to be that easy

6. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Cabin Boy

Yeah I had to pull the power head cut the bolts and change the upper mounts too.

7. Keith

Keith Pirate
    Thread Started By

Well I have a lot of work ahead of me.