1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Going Out Of Ponce Tomorrow Looking For Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by adallas, Dec 16, 2018.

1. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

hey I haven’t been out for a while and I want to get out tomorrow. Will the party grounds be good this time of year or do I need to further to Mango hole?? Not sure what to do this time of year. Thanks.

2. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

Can’t wait for report! Be careful out there

3. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

Thanks. I am going to be ready to go inshore if it is too saucy!!

4. Linda C

Linda C Pirate in the making

Can't wait to see what you caught. Be safe!

5. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Gonna be a little rough Monday, be careful. I hope to (finally) get out Weds. Not many reports from offshore no matter where you look. The weather has not been conducive to offshore fishing unless you have a 40ft sportsfisherman. Good luck!

6. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

I went out in 3-4 foot was headed for Mango or party ground but ended up closer due to the seas. Didn’t do all that well went to Site 2 and caught a Cobia and King. Ran in to Flagler and caught some big weakfish and sheepshead .
    upload_2018-12-18_7-8-53.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-18_7-9-33.jpeg

7. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Hey, not that bad. Any trip in which you catch a Cobe is a good one in my book. Were you trolling when you caught her, or did you use live bait? If live bait, down deep, or up on top. Going out Weds and could use some Intel. Thanks for the report.

8. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

May not have gone as planned but you still made some real nice catches. Nice cooler full.
    Thanks for the update.

9. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

Only caught blue fish trolling. Cobia came off of the bottom with squid . It was a nice surprise

10. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

Sweet report in my humble opinion.
    Thanks for sharing

11. hevad

hevad Treasure Hunter

That's pretty good for not doing all that well. Thanks for the report & pix.

12. Nice catch and great report. Looks like you did well and will be eating good.

13. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Looks like a good day. At least you were able to bring some fish home. Nice cobia.

14. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Always a good trip with a cobia in the cooler. Congrats.

15. alex23

alex23 Pirate

Nice Cobia! I’m still searching for my 1st one. I caught a 30 incher a few months ago - no matter how much I tried to stretch her she didn’t get to 33

16. Tarpun

Tarpun Pirate

Nice trip. Your trip beats the heck out of my day at work!

17. mrwetwork

mrwetwork Pirate

Cobia is the most delightful thing to catch.

18. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Seadog

Nice tray of meat there! Great catch, glad it worked out for you with the modified plan.

19. Caelan Rand

Caelan Rand Pirate

always have to adjust to changing sea conditions! That’s a pretty nice selection of fish there!

20. Baccarac

Baccarac Blackbeard

Yeah nice Cobia I'm gonna get on them and our next up a weeks