1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Good To Know Boat Ramps To Be Pay To Launch And Park... Staring May 1st 2018

Discussion in 'In The News section, Local News and Information' started by Nautical Gator, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

when you signup for a park pass, you have to give your personal information, driver license and registration info etc...

I made an appointment to meet with the city manager and two other officials. I will post when I meet with them.

lobsterman likes this.
  2. Muggin Mullet

Muggin Mullet Treasure Hunter

I really hope that they allow it to be free for Volusia residents. Im ok with generating funds to help out the city as long as we see the funds being used properly and its free for county residents.

mkyota1 likes this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

I had a meeting with City Officials yesterday, and have all the details.

I met with;
    Mayor, Jim Hathaway and asst. city manager. Khalid Resheidate, PE.
    Thursday 3pm
    210 Sams Ave,
    New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

New Smyrna Residents and Volusia Residents will have FREE Access, but you will need to register your truck and trailer into the program...

Also all members in the FIND program will have free access..

All other County's will pay $10.00 a day or get a Yearly pass for $200.00

They will be contacting me when the registration begins, and I will post the details when I get it...

upload_2018-3-23_7-45-1.png

Muggin Mullet likes this.
  4. David Orlando

David Orlando Master Gunner

Thanks for keeping us up to date Sam.

5. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

It's Now Time To Register your Vehicle and Trailer for FREE Parking.

New Smyrna Beach boat ramp parking permit rollout to begin May 1, 2018

Document?documentID=11261.png

New Smyrna Beach boat ramp parking permit rollout to begin May 1, 2018

City of New Smyrna Beach, FL (April 27, 2018) – The City of New Smyrna Beach installed parking kiosks at three boat ramp parking locations for May 1, 2018 program for boat trailer parking program fees. Residents of Volusia County and all Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) counties are eligible for a free permit.

WHO:

Residents in the FIND District (Florida Inland Navigation District – which includes 12 counties, Volusia County being one of them) are eligible for a free boat ramp parking permit. http://www.aicw.org/counties/index.php At the present time, if you have a current New Smyrna

Beach lot parking permit, you are not required to obtain an additional permit for your vehicle to park at the boat ramp. You must be driving the permitted vehicle.

WHEN: Beginning May 1, drivers who park their vehicle with boat trailer in one of the City’s three boat ramp parking lots are to obtain a boat ramp parking permit. New Smyrna Beach, Volusia County and FIND District residents are eligible for free boat ramp parking permits but must apply for a permit online beginning May 1, 2018. There is a one month ‘grace’ period before fines are issued starting on June 1, 2018.

HOW: The permit is electronic and no paper or sticker will be issued. The permit is good for vehicles with boat trailers connected at the lot. A vehicle without a trailer may only park in the limited single space spots and no trailers are to be left without a vehicle. Trailers left unattached to a vehicle are subject to a ticket and fine.

To qualify for a free Boat Ramp Parking permit, applicants must fill out the online application form and include proof of documentation. Examples of required documentation are online at www.ParkNSB.com.
    • Vehicle registration in one of the twelve approved counties of the FIND District: Nassau, Duval, St. Johns, Flagler, Volusia, Brevard, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade.
    • County residency or property ownership in one of the twelve approved counties of the FIND District
    Once an application is input online applicants will receive TWO emails. The first is an acknowledgment that the system has received and is processing your application. The first email IS NOT an approval. The second email notifying approval can take up to five business days. Vehicles are subject to a fine without an approved permit. Permit approvals can take up to five business days after application.

Get your free permit http://permits.parknsb.com

WHERE: Boat Ramp Parking locations: Click here for map

North Causeway Boat Ramp (west-side)
    North Causeway Boat Ramp (east-side)
    Swoope Boat Ramp

Parking will be enforced 24 hours daily at the City’s three boat ramp parking lots beginning June 1, 2018.

Vehicles with a valid disabled parking permit are not charged to park.

Questions? Contact us: ParkNSB@cityofnsb.com
    The City of New Smyrna Beach
    210 Sams Avenue
    (386) 410-2600
    Additional Info...

New-Boat-Ramp-Map-April-2018.jpg

6. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

I'm officially registered for Vehicle parking and Trailer Parking.

Members let us know if you took the time to register or not?

Thanks

btatar likes this.
  7. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Thanks Sam. Just registered today. Real easy to do. Just make sure your files on the documentation (drivers license, vehicle reg., property tax copy) are smaller than 5.0 MB, or you won't be able to upload them.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  8. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Yup I scanned my DL and Reg into a jpg format and uploaded. there was no need for property tax, because of the DL and Reg.

I did this for all my Truck and Trailers.

9. David Orlando

David Orlando Master Gunner

From the map you posted, it looks like Orange county residents cannot be annual pass holders?

10. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Only Volusia Residents and members in the FIND program will have free access..

11. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

OK that time has come, the City Of New Smyrna is NOW Charging for Boat Ramp Access....

May 1st 2018

Boat Ramp Parking Passes:

***NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT NEW SMYRNA BEACH ANNUAL PARKING PERMIT FOR YOUR VEHICLE AS A RESIDENT OF VOLUSIA COUNTY, YOU DO NOT NEED A SEPARATE BOAT RAMP PERMIT TO PARK AT ONE OF THE THREE CITY BOAT RAMPS. *YOU MAY NOT LEAVE YOUR TRAILER PARKED WITHOUT THE VEHICLE.

1. RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA FIND DISTRICTS MAY APPLY FOR A FREE BOAT RAMP PARKING PERMIT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS: --NORTH CAUSEWAY BOAT RAMP - WESTSIDE -NORTH CAUSEWAY BOAT RAMP - EASTSIDE -SWOOPE BOAT RAMP (US 1) 2. FIND COUNTIES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR FREE BOAT RAMP PARKING ARE: click here

3. PASSES ARE ELECTRONIC - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A PAPER PASS. THE SYSTEM OPERATES WITH YOUR TAG NUMBER; THEREFORE YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES! IF YOUR TAG NUMBER IS INCORRECT YOU MAY RECEIVE A CITATION, IT WILL NOT BE WAIVED.
    4. PARKING AT THE BOAT RAMPS IS ENFORCED 24 HOURS A DAY - SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
    5. THE PARKING PERMIT IS AN ANNUAL PASS AND EXPIRES ON DECEMBER 31st OF EACH YEAR. YOU MUST RENEW YOUR PERMIT EACH YEAR.
    6. VEHICLES WITH A VALID DISABLED PARKING PERMIT ARE NOT CHARGED TO PARK AND DO NOT NEED A NEW SMYRNA BEACH PERMIT.
    7. AT THE PRESENT TIME, IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT NEW SMYRNA BEACH PARKING LOT PERMIT, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AN ADDITIONAL PERMIT FOR YOUR VEHICLE TO PARK AT THE BOAT RAMP. YOU MUST BE DRIVING THE PERMITTED VEHICLE.
    8. YOU DO NOT HAVE A PARKING PERMIT UNTIL YOU ARE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL THAT IT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. THIS MAY TAKE UP TO FIVE BUSINESS DAYS.
    9. IF YOU DO NOT APPLY ONLINE, BOAT RAMP PARKING PERMIT APPLICATIONS & THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION ARE TO BE HAND-DELIVERED TO: Alonzo "Babe" James Community Center
    201 N. Myrtle Ave.

* HAND DELIVERED PERMIT APPLICATIONS MAY TAKE UP TO FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS.
    10. A BOAT RAMP PARKING PERMIT DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY OF THE CITY BEACH PARKING LOTS! YOU MUST HAVE A CITY OF NEW SMYRNA BEACH “BEACH LOT" PERMIT, AN ANNUAL NON-RESIDENT PERMIT, OR PAY $20 TO PARK IN ONE OF THE BEACH LOTS.

upload_2018-5-1_12-55-9.png

How to get a boat ramp parking pass:

Online:
    Click here

Hand delivered application form:

Click here

12. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Cabin Boy

I have a handicap parking permit but live in polk county. It's not clear but according to the information it will be free for me. Is that correct? I don't mind paying but I feel $10 is too much. I already pay property tax, sales tax, income tax, fishing license, trailer and boat registration fee, tax on gasoline. Ok rant over.

13. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

good question, you will need to call them and ask, then let us know. Thanks

14. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Cabin Boy

I called today and if you have a handicap permit parking is free. So if you have a handicap parking permit parking is free not matter what county you live in.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  15. Watusi

Watusi Pirate

Great effort Sam you are really on top of it.
    Thanks

16. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy

Thank you Sam!!
    Registering today.

17. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

If one goes by Jakes way of thinking, maybe Orlando should charge coastal residents a fee to use Orlando's roads to get to theme parks. Thank goodness for guys like Sam or they would charge us to LOOK at the water. They should use the money to help the water quality.

18. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

Boat Ramp Parking Passes:
    Please note that if you have a current New Smyrna Beach annual parking permit for your vehicle as a resident of Volusia County, you do not need a separate boat ramp permit to park at one of the three City boat ramps. You may not leave your trailer parked without the vehicle.

1. Residents of Florida FIND Districts may apply for a free boat ramp parking permit for the following locations:

• North Causeway Boat Ramp - Westside
    • North Causeway Boat Ramp - Eastside
    • Swoope Boat Ramp off US 1
    2. FIND counties elibigle to apply for free boat ramp parking:

• Nassau County
    • Duval County
    • St. Johns County
    • Flagler County
    • Volusia County
    • Brevard County
    • Indian River County
    • St. Lucie County
    • Martin County
    • Palm Beach County
    • Broward County
    • Miami-Dade County
    3. Passes are electronic--you will not receive a paper pass. The system operates with your tag number, therefore you must update information if there are any changes. If your tag number is incorrect, you may receive a citation that will not be waived.

4. Parking at the boat ramps is enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Daily fines for vehicles without passes are $35.

5. The parking permit is an annual pass and expires on December 31 of each year. Permits must be renewed each year.

6. Vehicles with a valid disabled parking permit are not charged to park and do not need a New Smyrna Beach permit.
    7. If you have a current New Smyrna Beach parking lot permit, you are not required to obtain an additional permit for your vehicle to park at the boat ramp. You must be driving the permitted vehicle.

8. You do not have a parking permit until you are notified via e-mail that it has been activated, which may take up to five business days.

9. If you do not apply online, boat ramp parking permit applications and the required documentation can be hand-delivered to:

Alonzo "Babe" James Community Center
    201 N Myrtle Avenue
    New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168.

Please note that hand-delivered permit applications may take up to five (5) business days to process.

10. A boat ramp parking permit does not apply to any of the City beach parking lots. You must have a City of New Smyrna Beach "beach lot" permit, an annual non-resident permit, or pay $20 to park in one of the beach lots.

How to get a boat ramp parking pass:

Online:
    Click here Opens a New Window.

19. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

To renewal your Boat Ramp Parking Permit, you will need the following (3) documents to submit.
    1)
    · Vehicle Registration

· Please submit current copy of your vehicle registration. You may submit the documents in any of the formats listed here: pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, or .png file format.
    Examples:
    • Current copy of vehicle registration
    2)
    · Driver's License

· Please submit current copy of your driver’s license. You may submit the documents in any of the formats listed here: pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, or .png file format.
    Examples:
    • Copy of Driver's License
    3)

· Proof of Residence

· If necessary, please provide a copy of your property tax bill or a current lease agreement with minimum term of six months or current utility bills for four consecutive months. Documents must be for a residential address within Volusia County and have the applicants name listed. You may submit the documents in any of the formats listed here: pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, or .png file format.

Examples:
    • Current copy of property tax bill
    • Current copy of lease agreement
    • Recent copies of utility bills.
    Then click on:
    Volusia Resident Parking Permit
    Volusia county residents only.

mak likes this.
  20. Nautical Gator

Thread Started By

after you submit your proof of resident information you will get this message, and a email with approval or denial.

upload_2019-9-19_7-21-3.png